Field Hockey Canada > Safe Sport > Safe Sport Reporting

Reporting Suspicions of Child Maltreatment

If a child or youth is in immediate danger or risk,
call 911 or your local police.

Contact your local authorities if you have a reasonable suspicion that a child or youth is a victim of any form of abuse or neglect. Reports of abuse or neglect not involving a minor may also be reported to local authorities.

Reporting Suspicions of Misconduct

All individuals and field hockey participants in Canada have the right to enjoy the sport at whatever level or position they participate. Athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers have the right to participate in a safe and inclusive training environment that is free of abuse, harassment or discrimination.

Complaints can range from minor disrespectful communication up to illegal acts, such as discrimination or sexual assault.  If you are concerned about the welfare of a child, youth or other participant, please report your concerns.


For national team and Field Hockey Canada events/activities related concerns, please complete the Complaint Submission form (linked below) to the best of your ability and submit to the True Sport Manager – Jenn Beagan at
If the complaint allegations do not fall under FHC’s national jurisdiction, the complaint will, with the knowledge of the Complainant, be referred to the Member Association, local association or league, or field hockey club having appropriate jurisdiction.


Contact your Provincial Field Hockey Organization to report forms of misconduct contrary to the provincial code of conduct, ethics or the Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport (UCCMS)

Click here for an overview of the Field Hockey Canada Complaint Management Process. 
This Complaint Management Process resource serves as a supplement to the Complaints and Discipline Policy. The Complaints and Discipline Policy remains the primary and official legal document for the complaint process and should be read in full when engaging in the Complaint Management Process. 



Field Hockey Canada has compiled the following resources available to all Canadians in need of support.


1-888-837-7678 – –

The helpline will provide you with advice, guidance and resources on how to proceed/intervene appropriately in the circumstances.

Kids Help Phone – 1-800-688-6868

A bilingual and anonymous phone counselling, web counselling and referral service for children and youth. Kids Help Phone provides counselling and support all issues and topics, including emotional well-being, body issues and questions, bullying and abuse, identity, sex and relationships, school and work, and family and friends. Visit Resources Around Me to learn more about the services available in your area.

Commit 2 Kids – Steps for Reporting Inappropriate Conduct

Sport Law – Workplace Harassment Investigation 

RCMP – Find a Detachment

Red Cross Community Services 

Red Cross is helping build safe communities throughout Canada. They provide a number of services in communities including health services, water safety, first aid education, and prevention of violence, bullying and abuse. You can find what is available in your community here.

Victim Services Government of Canada 

The Canadian government provides a number of services to victims of crime, including emotional support, counseling, advocacy and safety planning. To find a service near you visit their directory.

Canadian Assosiation for Suicide Prevention (CASP)

CASP’s goal is to reduce the suicide rate in Canada and to minimize the consequences of suicidal behaviour. Need Help? Find your local Crisis Centre.

First Nations & Inuit Hope for Wellness – 1-855-242-3310

A helpline dedicated to supporting First Nations and Inuit Peoples. Service is available in Cree, Ojibway, Inuktitut, English and French. To reach the helpline call 1-855-242-3310.

Trans Lifeline – 1-877-330-6336

A helpline dedicated to the well-being of transgender people. The phone line is staffed by transgender people for transgender people. Call 1-877-330-6366.

Canadian Centre on Substance Use & Addiction 

The Centre was created by the Canadian Government to address and provide leadership on substance use in Canada. To find a treatment centre near you click here.