Field Hockey Ontario is seeking an Ontario Summer Games Field Hockey Coordinator
The Ontario Summer Games Field Hockey Coordinator serves as a liaison between Field Hockey Ontario (FHO), the Sport Alliance of Ontario (SAO), the Ontario Summer Games organizing committee (GOC) and the games participants (athletes and officials).
The Ontario Summer Games will take place in Windsor, Ontario from August 7 to 10, 2014. The games will include U16 girls’ and U16 boys’ field hockey.
Field Hockey Ontario is accepting applications for the role of Ontario Summer Games Field Hockey Coordinator. Deadline for Application is Friday April 18th, 2014.
- In conjunction with the FHO Board of Directors and the Athlete and Coach Development Committee,recruit and appoint a Technical Director, Umpire Manager, Technical Officers, Umpires, and Regional Coordinators.
- In conjunction with the FHO board, set an OSG budget and team levies.
- Communicate OSG information/requirements/expectations to Regional Coordinators in a timely manner – communication is critical to the success of the games.
- Establish a good working relationship with the Regional Coordinators.
- Ensure that FHO’s plans meet all criteria set out in the OSG Competition Agreement.
- Organize a seeding tournament to establish team rankings going in to the OSG.
- Gather participant information, signed forms, team levies and submit them as required.
- Provide required information and documents to the GOC in a timely manner.
- Work with the uniform provider to design and deliver uniforms for all participants.
- Meet with SAO and GOC to review their preparations/plans for the venue as well as for the participants’ accommodations, transportation and meals during the games.
- Must be present for the duration of the Summer Games to coordinate with stakeholders as required; resolving issues as they arise, ensuring a successful games experience for all participants.
- Co-ordinate collection and disbursement of Travel Subsidy as per the GOC policy.
- Co-ordinate completion of the post-games report for submission to SAO.
The ideal candidate will have experience in tournament planning and organization. Good communication,
leadership and organizational skills are essential.
- Start date May 5, 2014
- End date August 22, 2014
To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application Deadline: April 18th, 2014 at 5pm.