September 20, 2010
Field Hockey Canada will hold a national identification camp October 16th and 17th in Toronto for the Canadian Men’s Indoor National team. This is an open identification camp open to all players that meet the eligibility criteria. Details for the identification camp are provided below. The purpose of the camp is to identify a squad of players that will train towards the goal of making the Canadian National Indoor Team that will participate in the Indoor World Cup in Poznan, Poland in February 2011. This Canadian National Indoor Program is supported fully by Field Hockey Canada, its board and National Head Coach, Robin D’Abreo. The team is bound by the policy and the direction of the FHC Board and the National coach. The indoor program will be self funded.
The objective of this program is to put together skilled athletes and management team and to develop the athletes into a cohesive unit that will play competitively at the 2011 Indoor World Cup.
• Member of FHC and your PSO
• Male, must be at least 16 years old as of January 1, 2010 and a Canadian citizen
• Must be able to meet the standards outlined in the Canadian Men’s National Indoor Program Selection Criteria
• Must commit to the program in terms of time and funds
• Must centralize in Toronto when required
Identification Camp – University of Toronto Sports Gym
Oct. 16th 8am to 10am, 2 to 4pm and 8pm to 10pm
Oct. 17th 8am to 10am, 1pm to 3pm and 5 to 7pm
October 23/24 at UofT – 8am to 10am
October 30, RIM, time to be confirmed
October 31, UofT, 8am to 10am
First Centralization Period:
• November 6/7 and Nov. 13/14 at U of T, 8am to 10am
• November 20, RIM, time to be confirmed
• November 27, RIM , time to be confirmed
• November 30 to December 6, Russia tournament
• Break December 7 to 18
• December 19, RIM – time to be determined
Second Centralization Period:
• Jan 2, RIM, time to be determined
• Jan 3 to Jan 10, Austrian tournament, tentatively scheduled
• Jan 15/16, UofT, time to be confirmed
• Jan 22/23, UofT, time to be confirmed
• Jan 29/30, UofT, time to be confirmed
• February 3rd to February 14, 2011 Indoor World Cup, Poznan, Poland
Weekday practices/training sessions will be held in Toronto on Tuesdays and Thursday from 8pm to 10pm. Location to be determined.
All ID Camp participants will pay a camp fee $200.00. Program Squad Fee will be determined in the next month. Note: Out of province players will be responsible for their own travel costs. All assistance will be provided for billeting out of province players.
Participating athletes will fund 100% of the program cost. Fundraising activities will be done on individual and team level. All athletes will be expected to participate fully. All funds raised by team activities will be distributed equally among the athletes.
FHC’s “Adopt an Athlete” program with tax receipts will be available for athletes named to the National Indoor Team.
TO REGISTER FOR THE IDENTIFICATION CAMP, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE INTENT TO PARTICIPATE FORM (found on the FHC website at fieldhockey.ca) AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THAT FORM WITH RESPECT TO PASSPORT INFORMATION AND TIMELINES.